Health Benefits of| Figs Health Benefits| Loss of Weight
Scientific name: Ficus carica
Figs are soft sweet fruit, full of small seeds and often eaten dried. The fig is one of the earliest fruit trees cultivated by primitive man. The fig tree grows up to 9m x 7m. Figs are originally from small Asia and are one of the first fruits cultivated ever. Figs originated in Arabia and grow best in areas with hot, dry summers and cool, wet winters. The Greek mention those around 60 A.C. and Plato promoted the fig as being the nutrition for athletes. A story is known of the Greek government that had forbidden all export of figs once to assure themselves a good outcome at The Olympic Games. You are reading this article at: loss of weight – figs. Today there are more than 600 different fig types. The skin of figs is very thin and fragile due to which those cannot be transported and stored as well. So figs are dried in order to consume and store them for future use. Though figs are seasonal fruits, they are available throughout the year in the dried form. They taste more yummy in its dried form. Dried figs contain too much sugar and nutrients as well.
Health Benefits of Figs
Figs are one of the highly fibrous fruits that can lower your cholesterol. Pectin, a soluble fiber found in figs is beneficial for the digestive system. This soluble fiber helps in clearing out the accumulating cholesterol in the body.
Figs help in healthy bowel function and prevent constipation. You are reading this article at: loss of weight – figs.
Fatty acids present in figs can help in lubricating joints and preventing arthritis, to provide the skin and hair with the oils they need.
People used to take more sodium in the form of salt. Low potassium and high sodium level may lead to hypertension. Figs are high in potassium but low in sodium. So, it helps to avoid hypertension.
Figs are very high in calcium content that can help a lot in strengthening your bones.
Figs contain fatty acids along with phenol which help in preventing coronary heart diseases.
You have a powerful natural snack (figs) for improving your sex life due to the presence of arginine amino acids.
Eating figs are said to be an effective cure for treating sore throat because of their high mucilage content. You are reading this article at: loss of weight – figs.
Uses of Figs
- A lot of fig plant races are used decoratively like the rubber plant.
- Figs are also thought of as a medicine which gives strength and energy to long-term patients as they seek to recover. They eliminate physical and mental difficulties and give the body strength and energy.
- Fig leaf tea is considered by many to be an effective home remedy for bronchitis and other lung ailments such as asthma.
- A popular natural remedy for ulcers cells for chewing and swallowing fig leaves.
- It is said that eating figs can relieve fatigue and boost brain power too.
- The white juice called latex from its stalk is used as a remedy against infertility and to incite the breast feeding process. You are reading this article at: loss of weight – figs.
- The milky juice of the freshly-broken stalk of a Fig has been found to remove warts on the body.
- Processed figs are used to make pies, pudding, cakes, other bakery products, jam, jellies and preserves.
Figs are rich in flavonoids and polyphenols. These are antioxidants, which prevent the damage caused by free radicals. Fig is known for its soothing and laxative properties. Figs are low in fat and sugar, so those can be incorporate in weight losing diet. Although figs are packed with lots of nutrients and health benefits but eating too much figs can cause side effects also. Taking too much fig can cause diarrhea. Dried figs are high in sugar and might cause tooth decay. You are reading this article at: loss of weight – figs. Some people are allergic to a particular group of fruits or vegetables. So you must consult your doctor before adding any new fruit or food to your diet plan.