Benefits of Kiwi Fruit
Name: Kiwi fruit; Chinese gooseberry
Actinidia deliciosa (green kiwifruit)
Actinidia arguta (baby kiwifruit)
Actinidia chinensis (gold kiwifruit)
Kiwi is a green fruit with a light brown skin. It is the national fruit of China and its name has been derived from a flightless bird Kiwi. It is an excellent source of vitamin C. It is important to take nutritious food along with regular exercise and you must go for the intake of fruits if you are planning to lose weight. Kiwi is low calorie fruit and full of nutrients. This fruit does not burn fat directly but its calorie deficiency is helpful in losing weight. Kiwi fruit contains a lot of enzymes, which accelerate the burning of fat and contribute to formation of strengthening collagen fibers (as in papaya, pineapple and fennel). Kiwi fruit is highly fibrous thus making you feel full for a longer period of time. It also aids digestion as well. This fruit is a package of lots of nutrients like vitamins and potassium. It is ideal for weight loss as this fruit is a low-glycemic food which helps in reducing blood sugar levels.
Health benefits of Kiwi
• It protects from Age Related Macular Degeneration (ARMD).
• It acts as an anti aging agent.
• It prevents asthma and respiratory problems.
• It manages blood pressure.
• It can help in preventing cancer.
• It is consumed by the patients of asthma and other respiratory problems.
• It is used to make wine. Kiwi wine is a white wine that is described as “light” and “bright.”
• It can be consumed in order to delay the effects of aging.
• Kiwi–both fresh and powered–is widely used as a meat tenderizer.
• Kiwi is often used in sports drinks because of the taste and nutritional value.
• It can cure allergic reactions and diarrheic illness.
• Lutein is an important nutrient we need to include in our diets in order to maintain our vision and this can be found in kiwi fruit.
These fruits are very tasty, they are also good for digestion, because they contain a lot of vitamin C and magnesium, which regulates the cellular metabolism, stimulates the organism resistance to stress, in addition it burns fats, it’s not for nothing that there are so many diets including kiwifruit. Substances like flavonoids that help protect our cells from oxidative damage, and are therefore considered very helpful in protecting our DNA from mutations and damage. Kiwi if taken with regular exercise and nutritious diet can be a very helpful aid for weight loss.