Bay (Daphne) is very healthy tree that you can use for different purposes. You can use for medicinal, cosmetics or live healthy. Bay leaves, bay oil, bay tea have got many health benefits like digestion, skin problem, sharpen the memory and more. Consuming bay leaves in a tea can help ease the symptoms of coughs and colds as they help to clear congestion. One way to incorporate bay leaf into one’s diet, is by drinking bay leaf tea. Bay Leaf tea is one of the most popular ways that people can incorporate bay leaf into their diets. The bay leaves are boiled or steeped in water to create the bay leaf tea. There are several bay leaf tea benefits which can be enjoyed through the consumption of the tea.
Health Benefits of Bay Leaf Tea
- It works against acid reflux
It helps with irregular periods
- It calms an upset stomach
- It can reduce one’s blood sugar level
- It improves digestion
- It relieves stomach ailments
- It can relieve with flatulence
- It can boost your appetite
- It can regulate your sleep pattern
- Add the bay leaves and water to a pot, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Let boil for 3 minutes then remove the pot from the heat and let the tea steep for 4 minutes.
- Strain and drink or sweeten to suit your taste. If using milk, only use a small splash, as too much milk will dilute the flavor of the tea.
Recipe for cough and mucus relief
- Put everything together and simmer down to about 1/2 of the cup.
- After it cools down it will be thick syrup.
- When it’s cold, pour it in an airtight container and place in the fridge.
- Take it every day twice a day 2-3 spoons.